Fact: 95% of the world uses the Metric system.*
Did you know there are seven countries that don’t use it? They are: US, Burma, Liberia, Palau, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, and Samoa. The rest of the world is Metric.
Fact: When you need Metric industrial power transmission components, PTI can help.
PTI was founded in 1994 with an emphasis on providing primarily Metric industrial power transmission components and mounted bearings. Demand has increased as has our product offering, but we remain a leading provider for European Metric components.
Answer: More places than you think!
- Automotive plants – Assembly plants are primarily Metric
- Equipment originally designed and built outside the US
- US-based OEMs use Metric when exporting equipment
- OEMs in the US who are subsidiaries of European companies often use Metric specifications
Answer: With PTI’s help, of course.
If the equipment was imported from another country, chances are it uses Metric components.
Answer: A whole lot more than you probably realized…
…The list below is not exhaustive, but it will provide a good starting point.
…And we offer many of these products in Inch-based dimensions, too.
Metric Offerings from PTI Include:
* indicates also available in Inch
- Mounted Products*: Mounted Ball Bearings*, Mounted Roller Bearings*
- Adapters*, Withdrawal Sleeves, Nuts*
- Roller and Engineered Chain*: Single, Double, Triple – Standard*, Nickel Plated*, Stainless Steel*, Specialty Chain*, Attachment Chain
- Sprockets: Taper Bushed, Bored to Size, Single, Double, Triple, Hardened Teeth, Hub and Plate Types, Specialty, Conveyor, Made-to-Order Custom Types
- Weld-On Hubs*
- Keyless Bushings
- Gear Rack and Spur Gears
- Belt Drive Products: Timing Pulleys (T-Series and AT-Series), HTD Pulleys, Super Torque Timing Pulleys (Taper Bushed), Sheaves (Taper Bushed, V-Belt, Variable Pitch)
- Taper Bushings*
- Rod Ends
- European Specialty Partners: WINKEL (linear components, rail, linear systems), Eich (spring wound bearings for the Steel Industry), Roll-Ring* (chain tensioner)
- And more…
Bottom Line: When you need Metric components, think PTI.
- Metric Case Study
- Metric Flyer
- European Metric Flyer
- Contact Us for help with your Metric needs or to Request your complimentary 2018 PTI Catalog
- Find your local PTI Sales Rep – in-person visits and project reviews are welcome
- Follow Us on LinkedIn
About PTI: Upon opening in 1994, PTI has specialized in serving the growing niche market of Metric products. As demand has increased over the years, so has our product offering. Today, our customers enjoy a huge offering of both Metric and Inch-based products for the Industrial Power Transmission Industry.